Your smile is often the first thing someone notices about you, but when you're missing teeth, you may shy away from showing your pearly whites. Many adults between the ages of 35 and 44 are missing at least one permanent tooth for various reasons.
Tooth decay, gum disease, failed root canals, or painful accidents are the causes of 69% of tooth loss among this age group, according to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and more than 30 million Americans have lost all of their teeth in at least one jaw.
But for the millions of Americans who need replacement teeth, dental implant costs are often a major concern -- especially for those who need whole mouth implants. However, in the long run, a full mouth restoration utilizing a full arch solution is a great investment.
Here are just a few of the benefits of dental implants:
- It has been reported that dental implants have a 98% success rate. They last too! Once you undergo the procedure, it's unlikely that you will need to have additional work done to correct your new teeth.
- Dental implants will not affect the quality of your existing teeth. If you have healthy teeth, some dental procedures will compromise their health. Traditional crowns and bridges often require the surgeon to grind down adjacent teeth to make room for the bridge, and partial denture sets use existing teeth to support them with wires that add unnecessary pressure to the teeth, thus weakening them. On the other hand, implant-supported bridges and crowns don't apply pressure to existing teeth, keeping the rest of your natural smile intact.
- Unreplaced teeth can also cause your existing teeth to crowd or chip. If there are wide gaps between your natural teeth, your chewing abilities will become limited. By replacing missing teeth with dental implants, you'll have a fully functional bite again.
- You won't be alone. More than a quarter of adults over the age of 74 are missing all of their adult teeth. There's nothing to be ashamed of; it's totally natural! But adults over 50 agree that a smile is their one and only feature that remains attractive regardless of age. Whole mouth implants can drastically reduce signs of aging.
- Nearly all adults (99.7%) believe a healthy smile is socially important, and 74% of adults believe that a sub-par smile can hurt their career advancement. A great smile isn't just for those around you, it's a personal decision that will make you feel more confident in your own skin and give you more reasons to smile.
Are you a doctor interested in becoming Hybridge Implants certified? Contact us today to learn more about whole mouth implants and full mouth restoration.